Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Wonder Wheel - A Date With Destiny


The Archetypal Wheel is an intuitive tool that makes symbolic information accessible to you.  Your 12 archetypes become even more significant when you observe them at work in the houses that signify 12 different aspects of your life.  Like other intuitive tools,  the Wheel helps you decode the behind-the-scenes patterns of your life.  It shows you how your experiences and relationships are spiritual dramas filled with opportunities for personal transformation.
— Caroline Myss, from myss.com

I have a date with Destiny.

I attended a wonderful annual intentions workshop with Denise Brouillette at http://www.denisebrouillette.com/ in January.  The focus of the workshop was to create a personal theme for 2012. This was my first year attending the workshop which Denise, an executive coach in the Bay Area,  has been hosting for several years.  It was a wonderful workshop and a day of insights.  I emerged from the day with the theme:  2012 is the year to feel my destiny.

Interestingly enough, I had already planned to spend the year using another of Caroline Myss's amazing tools, what I have fondly dubbed The Wonder Wheel.  An Archetypal Wheel is a means to uncover and explore the idea of my personal destiny.  The theme of this wheel is Fate and Destiny.  This wheel is described as  "Fate is ruled by the choices of the ego,  Destiny by the higher influences of your soul - action motivated by illuminated choices."

Light up the sky choices.

Wake-up and smell the coffee choices.

Be stretched like a rubber band choices.

Notice that each of these ends with choice...enlightened, awake and aware choices.  Some simple, some scary, some down right OMG choices.

Each house has a focus which you will read about below and a bit about the concept and idea of a Sacred Contract. The idea of a sacred contract showed up for me years ago, but I wouldn't have use that language or articulated the concept.  However, it has been present over the years and in 2006 I was introduced to Caroline's books and her words rang within me like an ancient gong.  I spent 2006 casting my Natal/Birth Sacred Contract and six years later, I am excited to explore this new set of archetypes and energies through the Fate - Destiny Wheel.  

I am working with a coach and consultant each month to set up the ideas and energies for that house.  Then, almost like a pair of glasses or the feel of the merry-go-round, I experience my life, actions, thoughts and feelings through this lens. I will share insights, thoughts and feelings on the blog connected to my chart, archetypes, discoveries, experiences and feelings during the days and months ahead.  

I will post about January and February in a separate post.

Here is some additional information about the houses and the Wheel.  

The twelve houses of the Archetypal Wheel are divided as follows:
  1. Personality, Ego: the face you present to the outside world
  2. Life Values: ownership, finances, your relationship to earthly power
  3. Self-expression, Siblings: the power of choice
  4. Home: establishing your emotional foundation
  5. Creativity, Good Fortune: erotic energies, including creativity, sexuality, and synchronicity/chance
  6. Occupation and Health: seeking security in the physical world
  7. Relationships: marriage and partnerships
  8. Other People’s Resources: stocks, inheritance, death and closure
  9. Spirituality: wisdom, publishing, travel
  10. Highest Potential: completing the integration of the self
  11. Interaction with the World: relating your creativity to humanity
  12. The Unconscious

The three levels of Chronos, Kairos, and Cosmic within the wheel represent different ways of experiencing time and space.

The Chronos “realm” contains our everyday understanding of physical time and space—minutes, hours, days, years—and it’s what carries the most weight in ones psyche.  This is where our history lives.  Things are static and happen very slowly.  The archetypes here are the ones we were born with.  They can move around between the different houses, but it’s always those primary 12 you’ll find in Chronos because they are the ones that are always with you.
The Kairos is present time, the here and now.  In Greek, the word means “the right or opportune moment.”  This is where choice lives.  In this model, the archetypes in the Kairos are chosen consciously because we can sense the energy of them as something that we are either experiencing now or could call upon to help us in the present.  For example, I may not be born with the Engineer archetype, but if I were to find myself stranded on a deserted island, it would serve me to enlist the help of the Engineer in that moment to help me to build myself a shelter or a raft.
The Cosmic is the realm of timeless time and spaceless space.  It’s the realm of heaven and endless possibilities, where spontaneous healing and “miracles” occur.  It is not bound by any physical laws of time and space.  It’s where guidance lives, and grace.  The archetypes that land here are chosen blindly and viewed as divinely selected soul companions to inspire and assist you on your journey.

It is only February 22, but it has been an amazing experience so far.  Quite frankly, January felt magical and February, thus far, has kicked my ass!  I will share more about this in the next post.  Stay tuned...the fact that I even said ass kicking will shock and delight my friends!  See, it is my destiny to use the occasional swear word or fun shocking phrases.  A whole new world is opening up for me.  

Questions, comments, curious?


Ask, ask, ask.

Do you have a date with destiny?  I'm listening.




No comments:

Post a Comment