Saturday, April 10, 2010

Past...Present...Future

I love this picture and the feelings I have when I see it. I feel free, the blue sky and the ever present, well, PRESENT. I am aware of the sense of wonder at opportunities that I am receiving now, but the "creating" of them happened months ago. Here's what happened. Over the last year, I have really been building my coaching practice and I am also open to working creating money in other jobs, which in turn create more opportunities to support the coaching practice. (I LOVE coaching and consulting...love it, love it, love it)

I have several new clients and my current office is two chairs in my family room! One of my clients suggested that I use my living room as an office space, (brilliant idea Lisa) but I knew I would want to put doors in the archways to create the privacy. Well, I have no money to put doors on the living room, but in order to continue seeing clients throughout the summer when the kids are off school, I know I will come up with the funds from somewhere! Really, I can SEE those doors!

So, literally, the next day, my cell phone rings. Now, mostly my cell phone goes to voicemail and I check messages, but today, I am expecting a call from someone and I think this is the call, so I answer. Well, it is the 2010 Census calling to offer me a job. I had long since given up on the Census. I had easily applied over a year ago, filling out forms, taking a test, following up and never hearing back. Then, out of the blue (like the picture!) they offered me a two month position, training just up the street and with the first week of work, I can pay for the doors! I'm ecstatic...I plan to enjoy this experience working for Census and I am excited for the resources. Well, a few days later, I get a call asking if I am available to work part-time with a summer school program just for a few weeks...dovetails nicely with the census job wrapping up...yes, yes, yes I say! Then, a woman emails asking if I want to be a speaker for her organization. I find out that she took one of my cards from an event I attend six months ago...yes, yes, yes I say! I will speak on Unleashing Creativity in October. I told her that 97% of me was excited...the other 3% would like more information since I have not created and given a presentation in the last millennium. But my "future self" feels supremely confident and ready.

I love the surprise of these opportunities showing up and I love even more that my response is "Yes, yes, yes I say," even though I have no idea what is coming next. I do however trust that life has the most delicious and amazing experiences in store for me, past, present and future and I am grateful for each and every one that comes my way. Training for the Census starts at the end of the month and the work is flexible so I can continue to see clients and get my doors! And with those doors in place, there is no end to what I envision in the future for my coaching practice.

So, know that you already have the money in the bank and watch life make deposit after deposit. Trust and then...ask the 3%, or the 50% or the 97% of you to get out of the way and watch what happens when we co-create! Now, go create some future experiences and then trust that they are on there way...because they are, they are, they are!

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear from you once more. You are surely a positive, upbeat person. Too bad we can't inject some of you into people like Jordan. It is wonderful that so much in your life is going well. You have surely done your part - slogging off to school, staying committed, becoming certified in your two fields. Interesting that what is opening are 'doors' to a variety of money making opportunities as you focus on doors to close off a part of your home for business purposes.
    Loved your latest photos. In the one with you and Drew dancing you look like a piece of LIGHT.
    This is my last day of sick. Am declaring myself well (still have some cough) tomorrow. Jordan's car is in for repairs so I am going to the movies tomorrow night with Sara.
    Am having a ball watching a fabulous Master's this year. Phil in second place and playing well. Will be sitting down to it in 10 minutes for the rest of the afternoon.
    Love you! Mumma

    ReplyDelete