Saturday, December 5, 2009

Life: A-Z

I wanted to share this piece before I go. As I am building this transformational coaching business and discovering what I love to do and how I want to work with clients, I was drawn to talking about this piece of art. We have dear family friends who gave me this piece of artwork for my birthday last year. They were down in Carmel shopping and saw this piece and I am touched to say they thought of me. It is a metal art piece that will hang on the wall of my new office (this is the long range vision...for now it lives propped up against the wall in my bedroom where I am inspired by the message daily.) It is a long vertical piece made of out of pieces of metal and then the phrase Life A-Z is etched in the top center and the following words run down the middle of the piece...a beautiful, long piece! The words however are horizontal...a great combination!

I mentioned I was touched when they thought of me for this reason...I work in community theatre and I have for 20 plus years. I am an Associate Director as well as an actress. I have worked with hundreds of actors over the years and one of the most basic tasks for the actor is developing the character; learning as much as they can about who this character is, what they want, how are they motivated, why did they make this choice, because of course, in the play or musical, the script is set, the actor is working to create the character in a given set of circumstances. As I have continued to open to spirit in my life, I find I use "the all the worlds a stage" metaphor and look at my life as a character in a play. So I was touched when these friends thought of me when they saw Life A-Z and all the beautiful, amazing, magical words connected with "this" life. Here was an opportunity as the "character in the play" to see how I was perceived by others; to learn what was being seen in the mirror of life. I was humbled and happy to be seen, to be understood, to have this affirmation of Life A-Z living me. It occurred to me, as I plan to audition for shows again as a actor, to add as part of my coaching services, coaching actors for auditions or learning more about themselves and their acting process. I realize that this is at the heart of the coaching work...the more awareness about our "characters" the more we are known, not just to others but to ourselves, the more alive we feel and live. So, let me know, what is your Life A-Z? What would be the words you would etch? I would love to hear some descriptions of your "character!"



Life A-Z



Art


Balance


Choices


Dream


Education


Freedom


Goals


Health


Ideals


Joy


Karma


Love


Music


Nature


Open


Play


Quality


Respect


Sports


Tradition


Unite


Voice


Wonder


XoXo


You


Zeal

No comments:

Post a Comment