Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I See Better In The Dark

This post was inspired by my friend and muse Keisha Gallegos. We were having one of our many conversations recently and I said,

"I see better in the
dark."


She laughed and said, "I love it - now that is a topic for the blog."

Well, fast forward to this morning, when again, I found myself in conversation with Keisha. She was helping me walk through a sticky situation that I didn't feel good about. I talked, talked, talked; my hunch is around my feelings, when Keisha asked a really direct and great question. I could feel the wall go up. I knew I was free to have any feeling I wanted in that moment, but I didn't feel like crying...I didn't feel angry, but I wasn't completely settled either. She was really great about just letting me talk and process this way, sort of feel my way around. My friends are really great about that! We finished and I did feel that there had been a shift...and I found out a bit later just how big a shift.

I moved on from my conversation with Keisha to take a quick bath and while washing my hair, I had the image of fingers reading words in braille. The light went on...the ah ha moment. I do see better in the dark, that clear-seeing visionary. But, there are many times when I am not able to see a situation clearly for myself and when I can't see, I feel my way around. What I realized in the conversation with Keisha (and God Bless You for your patience) was I do not work something through by feeling lots of emotions. If we use the "I see better in the dark" image, then when I am not able to see myself in the dark, that is when I shift to the sense of touch and I "read" my feelings in braille. My fingertips running over the bumps and grooves in the paper, the sensitive touch of reading my emotions.

What a powerful image - very beautiful, clean and clear.

For those of us who feel with our minds first, then our hearts, stomachs and tear ducts, often in that order, I felt seen. Now how funny is that - with all of these blind, seer, vision, braille images. I was able to see myself and how I feel so clearly.

I read my feelings through touch.

For those of us with this kind of temperament and self-control, it is lovely to know we too are feeling our way along. It just looks different than the way other people feel...but we are feeling.

I have always had the sight, that clairvoyant ability to "see" beyond the physical senses...to see with my spirit eyes. It may be the Irish in me, or the strong matriaichal family line, or because I was born under the "s"ight star"...I don't know why I have it, I just do. And I didn't know what to do with this incredibly perceptive ability...it was strange and unpredictable and different.

So, I put it away.

I then proceeded to have recurring dreams for the next 20 years where I was always driving BLIND.

A coincidence? I think not.

When my spirit woke up, really woke up and was free to bring in the mystical, powerful, present love-sight back into my life, well...my in-sight came back with it. And, hence my comment to Keisha about seeing better in the dark. I close my eyes and connect with the powerful images that reveal themselves to me...like having the key to clarity. Now, sometimes, the images are not clear for myself or I can't access them, and that is why it was so amazing to receive the image of the fingers running over the pages of a book written in braille. Seeing by feeling...feeling to see...all in the dark.

In case you are wondering, I haven't had a "driving blind" dream in over four years.

You guessed it, I haven't had that dream since I "awoke a new" in 2006.

So, thank you Keisha for your love and generous spirit and for guiding me to "see" how powerfully I am feeling...one word at a time.

Keisha herself is an amazing coach and you can learn more about her at
http://www.starlitpathlifecoaching.com/.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. Love the imagery. It helps me to SEE how you FEEL.

    Lots of love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shared a lot about this blog yesterday on the phone. Like Ame what you have to say helps me also to understand your feeling process. I love the confluence of your being a fingerprinter, now working with Karen who does hand analysis (working with fingerprints) and this wonderful image of your fingerprints reading the braille i.e. your way of seeing in the dark. Amazing grace i.e. I was blind and now I see.

    ReplyDelete